Sunday 27 September 2015

Assembling the HTPC hardware

Assembling the HTPC was a bit tricky, because first I could not find how to put a 3.5" HDD into LC-Power LB-1370BII PC case.

how to put a 3.5" HDD into LC-Power LB-1370BII PC case

It was a bit tricky, because after I removed the bracket for the optical drive or 2.5" HDD/SSD I found the holes for the 3.5" HDD, but could not put it into the place. I found out, if I bend the small metal plates at the front of the case, I can put the HDD in and fix it with the 4 included screws.

3.5" HDD assembed into LC-Power 1370BII
I also planed to put an USB 3 Pen drive into the case for backuping importand files. Luckily I could loose two screws which fixed one USB3 port into the case's front panel and fix it to the metal bracket:

USB 3 frontpanel
I planed to extend the PSU's 40mm fan with a 60mm fan to keep the case cool, but there wasn't enough space (less than 25mm) to fix the fan to the botom of the case, so I put it into the top:
60mm fan in LC-Power LC-1370BII
Here is the result:
Asrock QC5000 in LC-Power LC-1370BII
And my remote controller connected into the USB connector:
HTPC remote controller


No comments:

Post a Comment