Sunday 27 September 2015

My HTPC project

Previously I had a Thecus N2520 NAS. I was satisfied with this because It had strong (Intel Atom) CPU, two 3.5" HDD bays and the most important: HDMI connector and XBMC support.

After half year it dead, and the shop could not replace it. I've got my money back, but I did not have NAS nor HTPC.

The NAS systems with HDMI port are very expenseve (except the N2520), so I decided to build own HTPC.

I would like to use one of my 3.5" HDD but wanted a really small PC case.
The A4 5000 AMD CPU looked very good option to this purpose, so I bought that with 4GB cheap DDR3 1600MHz RAM.
The biggest question was the PC case. The above mentioned CPU has 15W TDP, and I have a NAS ready Samsung HD154UI HDD which costs ~10W.
I needed a Mini ITX PC case with 3.5" HDD support and small PSU included.

Finally I decided to buy the LC-Power LV-1370BII 

HTPC case with 3.5" HDD support

HTPC components

I also bought a silent fan to keep the CPU and the HDD cool:
Silent HTPC fan

No comments:

Post a Comment